The Metadyne group helps our customers put all the pieces together by offering services to complete the product life cycle such as scrap purchasing and recycling, toll reclamation, toll powder production, and re-sizing or re-tipping of some components. In addition, we offer Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP) and Analytical services. We look forward to working together on a solution that is right for you.
Scrap Carbide Recycling
- Atomic Absorption Spectroscope: Elemental analysis of major tungsten carbide elements up to ppm (part per million) level.
- Particle Size Analyzer: Analyze particle size and particle size distribution.
- Surface Area Analyzer: Analyze surface area of powder. Pore size distribution analysis.
- Leco Carbon Analyzer: Analyze carbon content and free carbon in parts. Also analyze oxygen, sulfur and nitrogen.
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometer (ICP-OES): Quantitative elemental analysis of all tungsten carbide elements, including all trace elements, up to ppb (parts per billion) level.
- Coercivity and Mass Spectrometer: Analyze cobalt content, grain size and eta phase.
- Microstructure and Porosity: We use a newly added 5 Mega-pixel digital camera along with a Unitron Versamet® 3 optical microscope (up to 1,000X) to analyze the microstructural features, such as grain size and eta phase, of sintered parts. The porosity measurement is done according to ASTM B-276.
- Magnetic saturation: Analyze cobalt content and grain size.
- Rockwell Hardness: Analyze hardness of sintered parts.
- Density and bulk density
- Hall Flow rate